You are an Expert in your field, and the situations you encounter lead you to look for ways to overcome milestones or sticking points, especially in situations where relying on your expertise is not enough.
I support Experts in the development of their leadership, in order to allow them to access better understanding of the issues, communication skills, relationship management, in the service of promoting their expertise.
Due to the evolution of organizations, Experts find themselves more and more in a position of transversal management, and interactions with many stakeholders of the company, internal and external. The leadership of experts is then essential for the dissemination of expertise in the company and beyond, its capitalization over time, the effectiveness of decisions and actions, and therefore the economic performance of the company.
For optimal leadership, several elements -softskills- are essential, in addition to the expertise -hardskills-:
- mental agility, which makes it possible to get out of automatisms, to adopt a behavior that adapts to the current situation, in particular to the uncertainties inherent in the human relationship and complex situations. This mental agility is underpinned by 4 abilities:
- self-management: capturing internal signals and using them to be more agile, gain height
- relationship management: the ability to change perspective, to take into account one's own point of view and that of the other, to co-construct
- the ability to apprehend polarities : detect seemingly opposite situations, and overcome them
- the ability to make sense of complexity : in changing, uncertain, ambiguous contexts -VUCA Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous-
These abilities develop, with first a better understanding of what is happening, then the definition of a new behavioral strategy, finally the training in new behaviors, according to the defined objective. The Expert then becomes more autonomous in his own evolution.
This is how he develops his leadership in complex situations.
Examples of expert coaching
- Change of managerial posture from hierarchical posture to transversal posture for an expert of international scope -one of the top 10 worldwide in his field-, development of Leadership
- Acculturation in the company of different expertise with contradictory tempos: finances -long time- and industrial exploitation -short time-
- Professional transition : go beyond the moment when it 'stuck' by reconnecting to its inalienable resources and removing its brakes